Woman, 46, arrested for filming empty hospital corridors in locked down England
Add Reply
Andrew W
2021-01-06 10:24:52 UTC
https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/woman-46-arrested-for-filming-empty-hospital-corridors-in-locked-down-england

STROUD, England, January 5, 2021 (LifeSiteNews) — A woman who objects to the
coronavirus lockdowns was arrested before her family last week for filming
what looked like empty hospital corridors.

Debbie Hicks, 46, was taken into custody on December 29, the day after her
visit to Gloucester Royal Hospital, and charged with a public order offence.
In a subsequent interview, she says that the arrest took place before her
husband and 13-year-old son, frightening the child.

Hicks recorded herself commenting on the deserted hallways and wards,
claiming that the hospital was “completely empty” and condemning the
lockdown measures and, as an aside, the MacMillan Cancer Support charity.
After she was confronted by people in the hospital, she remarked that they
were “two stupid old women who want to know why I’m not wearing a face
covering.”

Hicks then posted eight minutes of the footage to Facebook. see website

The National Health Service (NHS) has denied that Hicks’ video illustrates
that the hospital is empty. The Gloucester Hospitals NHS Trust made a
statement on December 28, addressing the video.

“Our hospitals are and remain extremely busy and colleagues at both our
hospitals have been working hard throughout the festive period to care for
our patients,” it said.

“Contrary to what you may have seen through ‘secret filming’ on Facebook,
our hospitals are and remain extremely busy. We are currently caring for
more than 200 patients with COVID-19, including many who require treatment
in our critical care departments and a further 500+ non-COVID patients who
need our care and expertise.”

The NHS also stated that “outpatient departments and some shops” in their
hospitals had sometimes been closed over “the Christmas break” and condemned
the filming of patients. Hicks’ film footage shows about a dozen people in
the hospital, including in the emergency A&E department

“Filming patients who are waiting in A&E without their consent is both
intrusive and upsetting as maintaining patient confidentiality is key to our
hospitals being a safe space for you to receive the care you need,” the NHS
stated.
John Ritson
2021-01-06 12:14:41 UTC
In article <rt43f4$fbv$***@dont-email.me>, Andrew W <***@optusne
t.com.au> writes
Post by Andrew W
https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/woman-46-arrested-for-filming-empty-hospital-
corridors-in-locked-down-england
STROUD, England, January 5, 2021 (LifeSiteNews) — A woman who objects to the
coronavirus lockdowns was arrested before her family last week for filming
what looked like empty hospital corridors.
Debbie Hicks, 46, was taken into custody on December 29, the day after her
visit to Gloucester Royal Hospital,
So she visited on Monday December 28. This was a Public Holiday, because
Boxing Day fell on a Saturday.

So the out-patient department (dealing with patients who visit for
consultations or simple medical procedures) would be empty.

What a dimwit.
Post by Andrew W
and charged with a public order offence.
In a subsequent interview, she says that the arrest took place before her
husband and 13-year-old son, frightening the child.
She decided to take her child with her. She is responsible for any
frightening that took place.
--
John Ritson