"FBI: More people killed with knives, hammers, clubs and even feet than rifles in 2018"
BeamMeUpScotty
2019-10-04 13:59:49 UTC
On Thursday, October 3, 2019 at 8:26:50 PM UTC-4, David Hartung
https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/fbi-more-people-killed-with-kni
ve s-hammers-clubs-and-even-feet-than-rifles-in-2018/ [...]
It’s the data that the mainstream media tends to bury when
it doesn’t fit their agenda.
According to the FBI, more than five times as many people were
killed in 2018 by knives, clubs and other cutting instruments than
with rifles.
The metrics show that there were a total of 1,515 deaths by knives
or other cutting instruments last year. Compare that against 297
people killed by rifles.
It’s a gap that widened significantly over 2017. In that
year, the FBI said nearly four times as many people were stabbed
to death as killed with rifles. During that year, the number of
murders with rifles was around 400.
It gets better. More than 100 more people were killed with
hammers and clubs in 2018 than were killed by rifles. There were
443 people killed with hammers, clubs, or other “blunt
objects”.
We need to point out that the data isn’t just semiautomatic
rifles – it’s ALL rifles, including bolt action,
pump or lever action rifles as well.
If you were to contrast the numbers between JUST semiautomatic
rifles and knife homicides, the gap would be even larger.
Here’s another number that will blow your mind. The data
also shows that in 2018, there were 672 deaths from “fists,
feet and other ‘personal weapons’” –
which is once again more than with rifles.
In 2017, there were 692 people killed in the same way – a
number larger than the total number of homicides by rifles and
shotguns combined. [...]
No matter how you want disguise it or sugar-coat it, 40,000
Americans die by guns each year, about a quarter of a million in a
decade, vastly more than all the other methods combined. You don't
see innocent school kids being killed by hammers or clubs en masse,
but you do see them being senselessly slaughtered en masse by
AR15s. Fuck, you're a stupid fuckhead.
How many Americans are killed in auto accidents?
"Changing the subject yet again.
You are so very predictable."
David Hartung, June 12 2019
http://tinyurl.com/y2rdgxzt
How many Americans are killed by abortion?
"Changing the subject yet again.
You are so very predictable."
David Hartung, June 12 2019
http://tinyurl.com/y2rdgxzt
No, but I am wondering why you and others seem nt to be upset about
traffic accidents.
What do traffic accidents have to do
with the topic of this thread?
After YEARS of accusing others of
changing the subject here you are doing
just that!
Both firearms and automobiles are tools, they do not kill but can be
used by people as tools for killing. With automobiles, the left seems
to place the blame for fatalities on the user of the tool, with
firearms the blame is placed on the inanimate tool.
Do you really want to compare murders
with guns vs murders with cars?
The Subject says "people killed with" it sin't claiming murdered....

That would include suicides and accidents under killed with.
I can look that up for you but I
guarantee you won't like the results.
That might be a good idea.... exclude suicides because they do more of
that with DRUGS and in drunken car accidents.... than you might think.
And like the defensive shooting deaths
figures I posted you will just delete them.....
If one child's life can be saved.... well if one parent saves their
kids life using a gun then guns are vindicated.

Banning stuff isn't better than using stuff proactively to save the
children. Democrats tell us that if it saves one child's life then
banning the guns is worth it. That means that if a gun saves one
child's life then the RIGHT to keep and bear arms is worth keeping.

Democrats set the parameters.... do they want to move the goal posts now?

I KNOW I read about a kid saving himself and siblings by shooting the
bad guy. That makes it worth while to keep and bear arms using
Democrats own measuring stick.

Try banning evil, NOT inanimate objects.

What is evil?

Behavior?
2019-10-04 16:15:18 UTC
(Quote)
If one child's life can be saved.... well if one parent saves their
kids life using a gun then guns are vindicated.
(End Quote)

If one child dies from a gun not handled properly, whether murder or accident, you are personally at fault!
BeamMeUpScotty
2019-10-08 15:10:20 UTC
On Thursday, October 3, 2019 at 11:19:01 PM UTC-4, David
On Thursday, October 3, 2019 at 8:26:50 PM UTC-4, David
https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/fbi-more-people-kill
ed -wit h-kn i ves
-hammers-clubs-and-even-feet-than-rifles-in-2018/
[...]
Itâ€Ã
¢â€žÂ¢s the data that
the mainstream media tends to bury when it
doesnâ€Ã
¢â€žÂ¢t
fit their agenda.
According to the FBI, more than five times as many
people were killed
in
2018 by knives, clubs and other cutting instruments
than with rifles.
The metrics show that there were a total of 1,515
deaths by knives or other cutting instruments last
year. Compare that against 297 people killed by
rifles.
Itâ€Ã
¢â€žÂ¢s a gap that
widened significantly over 2017.  In that year
, the FBI
said nearly four times as many people were stabbed to
death as killed with rifles.  During that
year,
the number of murders with rifles was around 400.
It gets better.  More than 100 more people
were
killed with hammers an
clubs in 2018 than were killed by rifles.ÂÂÂ
There were 443 people kille
with hammers, clubs, or other
â€Ãâ
€¦Ã¢â‚¬Å“blunt
objectsââ‚ÂÂÂ
¬ÃƒÆ’‚.
We need to point out that the data
isnâ€ÃÆ
’¢â€žÂ¢t just semiautomatic ri
fles
â€âÃ
ƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ã…“
itâ€Ã
¢â€žÂ¢s ALL rifles,
including bolt action, pump or lever action r
ifles as well.
If you were to contrast the numbers between JUST
semiautomatic rifles and knife homicides, the gap
would
be even larger.
Hereâ€Ã
ƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢s another
number that will blow your mind.  The data
also
   shows
that in 2018, there were 672 deaths from
â€Ãâ
€¦Ã¢â‚¬Å“fists, feet and othe
â€Ãâ
€¹Ã…“personal
weaponsââ‚ÂÂÂ
¬ÃƒÆ’¢â€žÂ¢ÃƒÂ¢ÃÃ
‚¢Ã ¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ã‚
â€ÃÂ
¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…“ which is once ag
ain more than with rifles.
In 2017, there were 692 people killed in the same way
â€ÃÂ
¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…“ a numb
er larger
than the total number of homicides by rifles and
shotguns combined. [...]
No matter how you want disguise it or sugar-coat it,
40,000 Americans d
ie by guns each year, about a quarter of a million in a
decade, vastly more than all the other methods
combined. You don't see innocent school kids being
killed by hammers or clubs en masse, but you do see them
being senselessly slaughtered en masse by AR15s. Fuck,
you're a stupid fuckhead.
How many Americans are killed in auto accidents?
How many Americans are killed by abortion?
For that matter, how many lives are saved by armed
citizens?
What the fuck do cars and abortions have to do with guns?
     ÂÂÂ
This
is a logical fallacy always trotted out by gun defenders.
"If X cause of death leads Y cause of death then we don't
have to worry about X"
No logical fallacy.
     This thread - which YOU
created - is about FBI murder stats, which do not involve
cars.
  The problem is, as I said earlier, guns and
automobiles are tools. When someone is killed in an
automobile accident, we blame the driver of the car at
fault. When someone is killed in a mass shooting, we blame
the gun itself. That is the problem.
     1) Cars are not
designed
to kill. Guns are.
     2) Traffic deaths are
accidents. Gun deaths are intentional.
     3) Cars are being made
safer. Guns are being make more lethal.
     4) Cars require
government licensing to operate, guns require no training to
own and operate.
     5) Privately owned cars
are necessary for all modern economies, privately owned guns
are just the opposite.
     Do you still want to
equate the two?
So you still blame the tool.
No.  The easy availability of the tool leads people to
use it more.
I've instructed you on this.  The easy availability of
guns makes it easier - that is, cheaper - to kill
people.  When the "price" of something is lower,
people
use or do more of it. That's basic economics.
When we were kids, firearms were much easier to buy than now,
and the murder rate was lower. Your argument does not hold up,
there is something other than the availability of firearms
driving our penchant for killing one another.
Scientists Showed How More Guns Led To More Violent Crime
May 23, 2019
Right-to-carry handgun laws trigger a
13% to 15% increase in violent crime a
decade after the typical state adopts
them, suggests a new statistical analysis
of 33 US states.
The Journal of Empirical Legal Studies
report released Monday is the latest in
a thorny academic fight over how letting
people more freely carry around guns
affects those crimes.
In the new study, statisticians looked at
right-to-carry law effects on those numbers
by adding data from the 11 states that have
adopted them in the last 15 years to create
a record of 33 states that allowed citizens
to carry concealed weapons from 1981 to 2007.
The team looked at violent crime rates in
all of the states, controlling statistically
for the effects of policing, incarceration
rates, poverty, and other demographic trends
to estimate the changes caused by the right-
to-carry laws.
For 23 of the 31 states adopting the laws,
the increase in violent crime was large, for
example, in Pennsylvania up by more than 24%
in 10 years, and up by nearly 17% in Texas.
In South Dakota, the results suggest a right-
to-carry law led to a 1.6% drop in violent
crime rates after a decade.
https://tinyurl.com/y3cjznq4
Does not explain why there was less gun crime 60+ years ago when
guns were less regulated and thus easier to get.
I already answered it - culture of violence.
Where did that culture of violence originate? For an answer,
look at
the family histories of those who become violent criminals.
      Why don't YOU look up the family histories
of mass shooters and show us what it says?
Mass shootings represent an extremely small portion of gun deaths.
     How large do they have to get for you
decide action needs to be taken?
  If
you want to cherry pick, that's your problem. Conversely, if you want
to take an intellectually honest look at gun deaths and where the
real
problems lie then looking at mass shootings, let alone AR-15s, or
even
assault rifles (whatever those are) is not the place to be looking.
      Funny you should mention that.
  Year......Mass Shooting...............Weapon Used
  June 20, 2012: Aurora, Colo...............AR-15
  Dec. 14, 2012: Sandy Hook Elemtery....AR-15
  Dec. 2, 2015: San Bernardino, Calif.....AR-15
  June 12, 2016: Orlando nightclub........AR-15
  Oct. 1, 2017: Las Vegas...................AR-15
  Nov. 5, 2017: Texas Church.............AR-15
  Feb. 14, 2018: Parkland, Fla............AR-15
  Apr. 22, 2018: TN Waffle House..........AR-15
  May 18, 2018: TX high school.............AR-15
  Oct 27, 2018: Pittsburgh Synagogue.......AR-15
  Nov 17, 2018  Texas Church...............AR-15
  Aug 9 2019: Dayton Ohio..................AR-15
     Funny that when vape pens kill 8 people
and tainted Tylenol pills kill 11 the country
leaps into action to remove a lethal product.
But when hundreds are killed via one type of
gun our only response "we have to respect the
rights of the mass shooters"
One being a tampered or defective product while guns the other are a
RIGHT and
"Like most rights, the right secured by the Second Amendment is not
unlimited.
Where in the Constitution is there a delegated power that allows someone
to limit my 2nd Amendment recognized RIGHT that is clearly recognized as
a RIGHT of the PEOPLE. NOT the State or the United States but the
people. It seems that being delegated to the people leaves the States
and the United States with ZERO delegated power to regulate because...

*the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed*

That precludes the GOVERNMENT from having a delegated power and as we
know....

*The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution...*
are reserved... to... the people*

This power to keep and bear arms is a RIGHT of the people and isn't a
power delegated to the United States or the States. But directly in the
Constitution the RIGHT is acknowledged as a RIGHT of the people.

Amendment 9 also says that....
The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be
construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

And WE KNOW that the RIGHT of the people to keep and bear arms is
enumerated as are others and the RIGHT then can't be construed to deny
or disparage any other rights, which means that when RIGHTS conflict the
conflict has to be solved......

The ONLY time RIGHTS are NOT unlimited is when they deny or disparage
others RIGHTS, and being enumerated RIGHTS is irrelevant, which means
that you can't have the RIGHT to kill a human life with a gun unless
they are violating your rights.

If I have never violated your RIGHTS or anyone's RIGHTS with my gun then
you have ZERO power according to Amendment 9 to violate my RIGHT to KEEP
AND BEAR ARMS.

You have to trust me as much as I have to trust you. Because without
guns you could come kill me with a different type of weapon (knife mace
sword drone invisible uniform) but if we both have equal access to
weapons we can't lie and kill the other without the possibility of being
stopped and killed in the process using equal offensive or defensive
arms. The idea of mutual destruction was alive long before NUCLEAR bombs.

And equal access means the most up to date arms available. Which may
include small drones that you carry on your gear that you would use to
go into battle or to hunt with.