Large scale nuclear fusion could be here in just 15 years
Mr. Man-wai Chang
2018-05-27 02:02:31 UTC
Large scale nuclear fusion could be here in just 15 years
https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2018/03/a-new-era-in-fusion-research-at-mit
Finally a sure, fast way to destroy this planet? ;)

I barely remember that nuclear fusion could not be stopped easily,
unlike conventional nuclear fission reactors.
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty!
^ ^ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.39.3
不借貸! 不詐騙! 不賭錢! 不援交! 不打交! 不打劫! 不自殺! 不求神! 請考慮綜援
(CSSA):
Sky89
2018-05-26 15:29:16 UTC
Post by Mr. Man-wai Chang
Large scale nuclear fusion could be here in just 15 years
https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2018/03/a-new-era-in-fusion-research-at-mit
Finally a sure, fast way to destroy this planet? ;)
I barely remember that nuclear fusion could not be stopped easily,
unlike conventional nuclear fission reactors.
Is a nuclear fusion reactor safe?

Unlike a fission reaction, loss of control mechanisms in a fusion
reactor (heat and pressure) will not result in a runaway nuclear chain
reaction. Fusion reactions cannot sustain themselves without that
incredible amount of heat and pressure but fission reactions will
continue to occur long after you lose control or power in a fission reactor.

Read the rest here:

https://www.quora.com/Is-a-nuclear-fusion-reactor-safe

Thank you,'
Amine Moulay Ramdane.
Mr. Man-wai Chang
2018-05-27 07:46:15 UTC
Post by Sky89
Is a nuclear fusion reactor safe?
Unlike a fission reaction, loss of control mechanisms in a fusion
reactor (heat and pressure) will not result in a runaway nuclear chain
reaction.  Fusion reactions cannot sustain themselves without that
incredible amount of heat and pressure but fission reactions will
continue to occur long after you lose control or power in a fission reactor.
https://www.quora.com/Is-a-nuclear-fusion-reactor-safe
How do you stop the Sun's nuclear fusion from burning?

I don't know how powerful and safe the magnetic field used in containing
the fusion core. All we need is a electricity failure? By hackers? :)
Mr. Man-wai Chang
2018-05-27 07:48:40 UTC
Post by Sky89
Is a nuclear fusion reactor safe?
Unlike a fission reaction, loss of control mechanisms in a fusion
reactor (heat and pressure) will not result in a runaway nuclear chain
reaction.  Fusion reactions cannot sustain themselves without that
incredible amount of heat and pressure but fission reactions will
continue to occur long after you lose control or power in a fission reactor.
BTW. why not we do an experiment to prove that? Let a fusion reactor
fail and we will know the results!! It's very scientific! :)