"Fight To Your Death! I Will Never Concede!" Despot Fuehrer tRUMP Addresses Follwers At DC Fascist Rally
Add Reply
Leroy N. Soetoro
2021-01-06 18:50:05 UTC
'We will never concede': Protesters march to Capitol as Congress meets to
count electoral votes
The protesters marched en masse to the Capitol after Trump, speaking to a
large crowd in front of the White House, vowed he would not concede to
Biden.
Image: US-POLITICS-ELECTION-TRUMP
President Donald Trump arrives to speak to supporters near the White House
on Jan. 6, 2021.Brendan Smialowski / AFP - Getty Images
Jan. 6, 2021, 1:07 PM EST / Updated Jan. 6, 2021, 1:37 PM EST
By Allan Smith, Ginger Gibson and Daniel Arkin

WASHINGTON — Hundreds of protesters who massed in the nation's capital to
support President Donald Trump's baseless claims of voter fraud descended
on the U.S. Capitol on Wednesday afternoon as Congress convened to affirm
President-elect Joe Biden's victory in the November election.

The protesters marched en masse to the Capitol after Trump, speaking to a
large crowd in front of the White House, vowed that he would never concede
to Biden.

"We will never give up, we will never concede. You don't concede when
there's theft involved," Trump said to a crowd of supporters, some of whom
chanted "USA!" or waved anti-Biden banners.. He later falsely claimed
Biden would be an "illegitimate" president.

Trump's groundless claims of voter fraud have been widely debunked, and
his legal team's efforts to challenge the election results in court have
been rejected by a succession of judges. Trump has claimed Wednesday's
joint session of Congress represents a chance to overturn the election,
even though state electors have already certified the results and the
event inside the Capitol is ceremonial.
People attend a rally in support of President Donald Trump on Wednesday,
Jan. 6, 2021, in Washington.
Protesters attend a rally in support of President Donald Trump on Jan. 6,
2021, in Washington.Allan Smith / NBC News

Trump has put pressure on Vice President Mike Pence, who will preside over
the ceremony, claiming he can intervene in the count. In his lengthy and
digressive remarks, Trump called on Pence to "do the right thing," even
though Pence's ceremonial role does not provide him with the power to
intervene in the counting of votes. Pence sent a letter to Congress ahead
of the ceremony stating he would not be doing what Trump has hoped.

Jason Bjorklund, who flew to the nation's capital from Sioux Falls, South
Dakota, said he did not know what to expect when Congress convenes.

"I just felt compelled to be here because it seems like our republic is
slipping away from us," Bjorklund said. He added, baselessly, that there
were "mountains of evidence of fraud" and detailed conspiracy theories
about Dominion voting machines.

When asked to account for the judges who have rejected the Trump legal
team's attempts to challenge the election results, Bjorklund said: "I
think we've got corruption from the top to the bottom."

It appeared some senators were being approached by Trump supporters near
the Capitol, including an apparently exasperated Sen. Todd Young, R-Ind.,
who said he would not vote against affirming Biden's victory because he
was bound to follow the law.

"I took an oath under God, under God!" Young said. "Do we still take that
seriously in this country?"
Image: Supporters rally for President Donald Trump near the Washington
Monument on Jan. 6, 2021.
Protesters rally for President Donald Trump near the Washington Monument
on Jan. 6, 2021.Jacquelyn Martin / AP

Theresa Reilly and her husband, Bill, came to the nation's capital from
Michigan — a key Midwest swing state that fell into the Democratic column
in November — to participate in the Wednesday protests because they
believe Biden's triumph over Trump was fraudulent.

"We don't believe they're honest, true voters," Theresa Reilly said as
Celine Dion's theme song from the movie "Titanic" played on a speaker
system in the background. "There's a lot of cheating going on, and I think
everybody knows that, including Democrats."

Bill Reilly said that even without "doing too much research," it was clear
"something's up" with the November election results

"The only thing I can say is, however many people are here, this isn't
going to go away," he said. "If you thought 2020 was weird, 2021 is going
to be 'hold my beer,' if you ask me."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/we-will-never-concede-trump-
baselessly-asserts-voter-fraud-speech-n1253011
Jack Shit
I love watching you sheep suck up to main stream media.
Ubiquitous
2021-01-07 17:55:02 UTC
Jack Shit wrote
Nothing wrong with shooting the occasional rightist for sport. It's why
guns are great.