Discussion:
Trump Kills Jobs At Harley-Davidson
(too old to reply)
#BeamMeUpScotty
2018-06-25 16:54:27 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On 06/25/2018 10:54 AM, John Carlson wrote:
> On 6/25/2018 6:19 AM, Bradley K. Sherman wrote:
>>   |
>>   | Harley-Davidson, up against spiraling costs from tariffs,
>>   | will begin shifting the production of motorcycles headed
>>   | for Europe from the U.S. to factories overseas.
>
> Exactly as economics predicts.

Good for them but They have already been closing down domestic production.

They were in trouble the day the Baby-Boomers peaked and reached that
apex in their age demographic to buy motorcycles. As there are fewer
in the age bracket to buy a motorcycle and the ones that already did
sell theirs... it's a collapse in the market waiting to happen and this
was always in the cards for Harley Davidson. Easy Rider is a dying
demographic. The 1960's kids have now lived their second childhood and
they are peaking and will be dying out.

--
That's Karma
Gunner Asch
2018-06-25 21:01:43 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On Mon, 25 Jun 2018 12:54:27 -0400, #BeamMeUpScotty
<Not-***@ideocracy.gov> wrote:

>On 06/25/2018 10:54 AM, John Carlson wrote:
>> On 6/25/2018 6:19 AM, Bradley K. Sherman wrote:
>>>   |
>>>   | Harley-Davidson, up against spiraling costs from tariffs,
>>>   | will begin shifting the production of motorcycles headed
>>>   | for Europe from the U.S. to factories overseas.
>>
>> Exactly as economics predicts.
>
>Good for them but They have already been closing down domestic production.
>
>They were in trouble the day the Baby-Boomers peaked and reached that
>apex in their age demographic to buy motorcycles. As there are fewer
>in the age bracket to buy a motorcycle and the ones that already did
>sell theirs... it's a collapse in the market waiting to happen and this
>was always in the cards for Harley Davidson. Easy Rider is a dying
>demographic. The 1960's kids have now lived their second childhood and
>they are peaking and will be dying out.


Humm...true enough. I just realized how many people have offered me
scooters in the past couple years..and who they are age wise.

Indeed..very true.


---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus
#BeamMeUpScotty
2018-07-04 13:54:57 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On 07/04/2018 01:46 AM, Gronk wrote:
> DoD wrote:
>> <***@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:8ea9999f-e0a1-4fc1-a8af-***@googlegroups.com...
>>> On Monday, June 25, 2018 at 1:39:00 PM UTC-4, Bradley K. Sherman wrote:
>>>> #BeamMeUpScotty  <Not-***@ideocracy.gov> wrote:
>>>> >On 06/25/2018 10:54 AM, John Carlson wrote:
>>>> >>>   |
>>>> >>>   | Harley-Davidson, up against spiraling costs from tariffs,
>>>> >>>   | will begin shifting the production of motorcycles headed
>>>> >>>   | for Europe from the U.S. to factories overseas.
>>>> >>
>>>> >> Exactly as economics predicts.
>>>> >
>>>> >Good for them but They have already been closing down domestic
>>>> >production.
>>>> >
>>>> >They were in trouble the day the Baby-Boomers peaked and reached that
>>>> > ...
>>>>
>>>> The delusional alt-right is on display.  First, blame it
>>>> on frumious "economic predictions."  Predictions that are
>>>> only made *after the fact*.  But the alt-right is crazier
>>>> still: Next, blame it on the baby-boomers.
>>>>
>>>> By the time the day is done the Trumpling whackjobs
>>>> will be blaming it on HRC.
>>> .
>>>
>>> No one is blaming "on the baby-boomers".  The problem is an outdated
>>> business plan. The younger generations are buying crotch-rockets.
>>> Harley Davidson failed to realize this and failed to adapt.
>>>
>>> Take a look at Porsche.  Their trademark was hot sports cars; NOW they
>>> are making sedans and SUVs.  They ADAPTED, Harley DIDN'T.
>>
>> H-D also is a pretty penny... with a Obama wrecked economy, who could
>> afford a Harley?
>>
>
> The economy grew nicely under Obama, resurrected from the Bush years.

The numbers from the FAKE Obama economy have yet to be reconciled....
when it is we'll pay for the FAKE years of Obama and the ZERO interest
rates and borrowing and spending of $10 TRILLION Obama dollars. They
inflated the economy and it's going to inflate the cost of food and
energy and most other items the poor need.

Hold on to your hat the ride will get pretty rough in about 3 or 4 years
from now. ;(

--
That's Karma
Mr. Man-wai Chang
2018-07-05 15:33:25 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
I question whether THIS generation of American teens would love H-D
motorcycles! :)

--
@~@ Remain silent! Drink, Blink, Stretch! Live long and prosper!!
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty!
/( _ )\ May the Force and farces be with you!
^ ^ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.39.3
不借貸! 不詐騙! 不賭錢! 不援交! 不打交! 不打劫! 不自殺! 不求神! 請考慮綜援
(CSSA):
http://www.swd.gov.hk/tc/index/site_pubsvc/page_socsecu/sub_addressesa
e***@hotmail.com
2018-07-05 15:38:10 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
I question whether THIS generation of American teens would love H-D
motorcycles! :)
*****
From what I’ve read, this is actually a problem. Their American market-share is soft, most of their old base has passed on or is getting too old for new bikes.
Mr. Man-wai Chang
2018-07-06 17:12:25 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On 7/5/2018 11:38 PM, ***@hotmail.com wrote:
>
> From what I’ve read, this is actually a problem. Their American market-share is soft, most of their old base has passed on or is getting too old for new bikes.
>

I believe H-D motorcycles are built to last.

--
@~@ Remain silent! Drink, Blink, Stretch! Live long and prosper!!
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty!
/( _ )\ May the Force and farces be with you!
^ ^ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.39.3
不借貸! 不詐騙! 不賭錢! 不援交! 不打交! 不打劫! 不自殺! 不求神! 請考慮綜援
(CSSA):
http://www.swd.gov.hk/tc/index/site_pubsvc/page_socsecu/sub_addressesa
e***@hotmail.com
2018-07-06 18:01:19 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On Friday, July 6, 2018 at 1:12:28 PM UTC-4, Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:
> On 7/5/2018 11:38 PM, ***@hotmail.com wrote:
> >
> > From what I’ve read, this is actually a problem. Their American market-share is soft, most of their old base has passed on or is getting too old for new bikes.
> >
>
> I believe H-D motorcycles are built to last.

True. But their American market is still soft, having to spend MORE money to build bikes here that aren't selling here makes no sense.
Mr. Man-wai Chang
2018-07-07 12:22:43 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On 7/7/2018 2:01 AM, ***@hotmail.com wrote:
>
> True. But their American market is still soft, having to spend MORE money to build bikes here that aren't selling here makes no sense.
>

Does US Police use H-D motorcycles? I am wondering....

--
@~@ Remain silent! Drink, Blink, Stretch! Live long and prosper!!
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty!
/( _ )\ May the Force and farces be with you!
^ ^ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.39.3
不借貸! 不詐騙! 不賭錢! 不援交! 不打交! 不打劫! 不自殺! 不求神! 請考慮綜援
(CSSA):
http://www.swd.gov.hk/tc/index/site_pubsvc/page_socsecu/sub_addressesa
e***@hotmail.com
2018-07-07 15:07:10 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
True. But their American market is still soft, having to spend MORE money to build bikes here that aren't selling here makes no sense.
>

Does US Police use H-D motorcycles? I am wondering....
- show quoted text -
I don’t think so, but I’m not curious enough to do the research. It’s YOUR question, google it!
Mr. Man-wai Chang
2018-07-07 16:42:31 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On 7/7/2018 11:07 PM, ***@hotmail.com wrote:
> True. But their American market is still soft, having to spend MORE money to build bikes here that aren't selling here makes no sense.
>> Does US Police use H-D motorcycles? I am wondering....
> - show quoted text -
> I don’t think so, but I’m not curious enough to do the research. It’s YOUR question, google it!

Um... let's see whether someone else would answer this question here. :)

--
@~@ Remain silent! Drink, Blink, Stretch! Live long and prosper!!
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty!
/( _ )\ May the Force and farces be with you!
^ ^ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.39.3
不借貸! 不詐騙! 不賭錢! 不援交! 不打交! 不打劫! 不自殺! 不求神! 請考慮綜援
(CSSA):
http://www.swd.gov.hk/tc/index/site_pubsvc/page_socsecu/sub_addressesa
Mr. Man-wai Chang
2018-07-07 17:20:29 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On 7/7/2018 11:07 PM, ***@hotmail.com wrote:
>
> I don’t think so, but I’m not curious enough to do the research. It’s YOUR question, google it!
>

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Police_motorcycle

--
@~@ Remain silent! Drink, Blink, Stretch! Live long and prosper!!
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty!
/( _ )\ May the Force and farces be with you!
^ ^ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.39.3
不借貸! 不詐騙! 不賭錢! 不援交! 不打交! 不打劫! 不自殺! 不求神! 請考慮綜援
(CSSA):
http://www.swd.gov.hk/tc/index/site_pubsvc/page_socsecu/sub_addressesa
Mr. Man-wai Chang
2018-07-07 17:22:10 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On 7/7/2018 11:07 PM, ***@hotmail.com wrote:
>
> Does US Police use H-D motorcycles? I am wondering....
> - show quoted text -
> I don’t think so, but I’m not curious enough to do the research. It’s YOUR question, google it!
>

2nd question:

If and only if H-D moved factories oversea, would US Police stop using
its products? :)

--
@~@ Remain silent! Drink, Blink, Stretch! Live long and prosper!!
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty!
/( _ )\ May the Force and farces be with you!
^ ^ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.39.3
不借貸! 不詐騙! 不賭錢! 不援交! 不打交! 不打劫! 不自殺! 不求神! 請考慮綜援
(CSSA):
http://www.swd.gov.hk/tc/index/site_pubsvc/page_socsecu/sub_addressesa
e***@hotmail.com
2018-07-07 23:04:22 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
2nd question:

If and only if H-D moved factories oversea, would US Police stop using
its products? :)
- show quoted text -
If they have contracts, they would have to abide by those contracts until they expire. As the only other company that makes American motorcycles (“Indian motorcycles”) is ALSO moving production overseas, for the same reason, there’s no benefit in not continuing the current contracts.

Of course, petulant man-child that he is, Trump might demand the contracts be dissolved to “punish” H-D for their “treason” of not accepting his tariffs!
Mr. Man-wai Chang
2018-07-09 04:51:45 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On 7/8/2018 7:04 AM, ***@hotmail.com wrote:
>
> If they have contracts, they would have to abide by those contracts until they expire. As the only other company that makes American motorcycles (“Indian motorcycles”) is ALSO moving production overseas, for the same reason, there’s no benefit in not continuing the current contracts.
>
> Of course, petulant man-child that he is, Trump might demand the contracts be dissolved to “punish” H-D for their “treason” of not accepting his tariffs!
>

US Federal Government could just give H-D tax incentives, like what
happened to Foxconn ....

--
@~@ Remain silent! Drink, Blink, Stretch! Live long and prosper!!
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty!
/( _ )\ May the Force and farces be with you!
^ ^ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.39.3
不借貸! 不詐騙! 不賭錢! 不援交! 不打交! 不打劫! 不自殺! 不求神! 請考慮綜援
(CSSA):
http://www.swd.gov.hk/tc/index/site_pubsvc/page_socsecu/sub_addressesa
e***@hotmail.com
2018-07-09 05:48:14 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
US Federal Government could just give H-D tax incentives, like what
happened to Foxconn ....
- show quoted text -
President Trump doesn’t give “incentives,” he punishes what he sees as “disloyal” behavior.
Mr. Man-wai Chang
2018-07-09 14:13:05 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On 7/9/2018 1:48 PM, ***@hotmail.com wrote:
>
> President Trump doesn’t give “incentives,” he punishes what he sees as “disloyal” behavior.
>

We don't have access to confidential documents on President's desk. Calm
down before saying this "disloyal" thing. :)

--
@~@ Remain silent! Drink, Blink, Stretch! Live long and prosper!!
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty!
/( _ )\ May the Force and farces be with you!
^ ^ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.39.3
不借貸! 不詐騙! 不賭錢! 不援交! 不打交! 不打劫! 不自殺! 不求神! 請考慮綜援
(CSSA):
http://www.swd.gov.hk/tc/index/site_pubsvc/page_socsecu/sub_addressesa
e***@hotmail.com
2018-07-09 14:47:06 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
> President Trump doesn’t give “incentives,” he punishes what he sees as “disloyal” behavior.
>

We don't have access to confidential documents on President's desk. Calm
down before saying this "disloyal" thing. :)
- show quoted text -
I don’t need access to anything confidential. I just look at the way he’s behaved all of his public life!
Mr. Man-wai Chang
2018-07-09 16:18:20 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On 7/9/2018 10:47 PM, ***@hotmail.com wrote:
>
> I don’t need access to anything confidential. I just look at the way he’s behaved all of his public life!
>

Read those documents on President's desk! Judge him fairly!

--
@~@ Remain silent! Drink, Blink, Stretch! Live long and prosper!!
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty!
/( _ )\ May the Force and farces be with you!
^ ^ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.39.3
不借貸! 不詐騙! 不賭錢! 不援交! 不打交! 不打劫! 不自殺! 不求神! 請考慮綜援
(CSSA):
http://www.swd.gov.hk/tc/index/site_pubsvc/page_socsecu/sub_addressesa
e***@hotmail.com
2018-07-09 17:42:59 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
Read those documents on President's desk! Judge him fairly!
- show quoted text -
I am judging him fairly. I’m judging him by his actions and his words all through his public life. What could possibly be in papers on his desk that would change my view?
Mr. Man-wai Chang
2018-07-09 17:45:25 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On 7/10/2018 1:42 AM, ***@hotmail.com wrote:
>
> I am judging him fairly. I’m judging him by his actions and his words all through his public life. What could possibly be in papers on his desk that would change my view?
>

The documents on his desk are important.

--
@~@ Remain silent! Drink, Blink, Stretch! Live long and prosper!!
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty!
/( _ )\ May the Force and farces be with you!
^ ^ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.39.3
不借貸! 不詐騙! 不賭錢! 不援交! 不打交! 不打劫! 不自殺! 不求神! 請考慮綜援
(CSSA):
http://www.swd.gov.hk/tc/index/site_pubsvc/page_socsecu/sub_addressesa
e***@hotmail.com
2018-07-09 19:07:27 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
I am judging him fairly. I’m judging him by his actions and his words all through his public life. What could possibly be in papers on his desk that would change my view?
>

The documents on his desk are important.
- show quoted text -
Granted. But I doubt that they would sway my opinion drawn from years of watching this, this, (“stumbling, demented, child-king”) yes, thank you, Alice and Vincent; stomping around, holding his little tantrums and breaking his toys after he got bored with them.
Mr. Man-wai Chang
2018-07-10 12:46:47 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On 7/10/2018 3:07 AM, ***@hotmail.com wrote:
>
> Granted. But I doubt that they would sway my opinion drawn from years of watching this, this, (“stumbling, demented, child-king”) yes, thank you, Alice and Vincent; stomping around, holding his little tantrums and breaking his toys after he got bored with them.
>

His decisions might be wrong, but you should suspect that he's
influenced by the documents he read. Now, who supplied those documents
and what did they report?

Anyway, I respect your feelings. :)

--
@~@ Remain silent! Drink, Blink, Stretch! Live long and prosper!!
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty!
/( _ )\ May the Force and farces be with you!
^ ^ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.39.3
不借貸! 不詐騙! 不賭錢! 不援交! 不打交! 不打劫! 不自殺! 不求神! 請考慮綜援
(CSSA):
http://www.swd.gov.hk/tc/index/site_pubsvc/page_socsecu/sub_addressesa
e***@hotmail.com
2018-07-10 13:01:29 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
> Granted. But I doubt that they would sway my opinion drawn from years of watching this, this, (“stumbling, demented, child-king”) yes, thank you, Alice and Vincent; stomping around, holding his little tantrums and breaking his toys after he got bored with them.
>

His decisions might be wrong, but you should suspect that he's
influenced by the documents he read. Now, who supplied those documents
and what did they report?

Anyway, I respect your feelings. :)
*****
Thank you, I appreciate that. However, it is well known that Trump HATES reading. They have to “dumb down” his morning security report, (as a matter of fact, they have to READ him his security report, because he thinks he’s “too smart” to bother with that stuff.)

He’s not a “nice person” who’s being influenced by what he reads, he’s a terrible person who dismisses anything that he doesn’t agree with as “fake news.”
Mr. Man-wai Chang
2018-07-10 14:14:44 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On 7/10/2018 9:01 PM, ***@hotmail.com wrote:
> *****
> Thank you, I appreciate that. However, it is well known that Trump HATES reading. They have to “dumb down” his morning security report, (as a matter of fact, they have to READ him his security report, because he thinks he’s “too smart” to bother with that stuff.)
>

I don't know Mr. Trump personally. Do you really know him? By merely
reading newspapers and watching TV shows? :)

> He’s not a “nice person” who’s being influenced by what he reads, he’s a terrible person who dismisses anything that he doesn’t agree with as “fake news.”
>

I agree. But a country without borders is not a country. What is your
country? :)

--
@~@ Remain silent! Drink, Blink, Stretch! Live long and prosper!!
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty!
/( _ )\ May the Force and farces be with you!
^ ^ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.39.3
不借貸! 不詐騙! 不賭錢! 不援交! 不打交! 不打劫! 不自殺! 不求神! 請考慮綜援
(CSSA):
http://www.swd.gov.hk/tc/index/site_pubsvc/page_socsecu/sub_addressesa
e***@hotmail.com
2018-07-10 14:23:00 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
I know Donald Trump from what he’s said and from what’s said about him.

I’m grateful that I’ve never had to deal with him on a personal basis.

You’re trying to change the subject again. I said nothing about borders.
Mr. Man-wai Chang
2018-07-10 14:29:49 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On 7/10/2018 10:23 PM, ***@hotmail.com wrote:
>
> You’re trying to change the subject again. I said nothing about borders.
>
But it's a great and wise statement. How could a country have no border?

Why do so many people try to invade United States of America? For the
weapons of mass destruction there? Well...

Are you a US citizen? Do you want to lose your borders, then your
weapons and then your life? :)

--
@~@ Remain silent! Drink, Blink, Stretch! Live long and prosper!!
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty!
/( _ )\ May the Force and farces be with you!
^ ^ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.39.3
不借貸! 不詐騙! 不賭錢! 不援交! 不打交! 不打劫! 不自殺! 不求神! 請考慮綜援
(CSSA):
http://www.swd.gov.hk/tc/index/site_pubsvc/page_socsecu/sub_addressesa
Storage Unit
2018-07-22 22:40:21 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
***@hotmail.com writes:

> I know Donald Trump
> from what’s said about him.

Well, that's not very smart. Even if he were saint many people would
say a lot of shit about him just because of his current position within
the government.

--
Emacs OS
marston shores
2018-07-24 07:00:59 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On 7/22/2018 3:40 PM, Storage Unit wrote:
> Well, that's not very smart.

Satan hates that Trump resists him. So Satan has his demons make Liberal
lie about a great and honest man.
e***@hotmail.com
2018-07-24 09:15:48 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
> Well, that's not very smart.

Satan hates that Trump resists him. So Satan has his demons make Liberal
lie about a great and honest man.
*****
Your great and honest man cheated on his first wife with the woman who would become his second wife. Then he cheated on her with Melanie. THEN he cheated on Melanie! He’s cheated contractors out of their contracted monies, driving some of them out of business! After spending eight years complaining about how much golf President Obama plywood, stating that he would be “too busy” as President to play golf, he has, so far, spent MORE time st the golf course than President Obama did his first year in office! Not only that, but because he insists on going to HIS club in Florida, it costs MORE per visit than President Obama spent pee game! Also, in violation of the emoluments act, Trump has not formally divested himself of his businesses, so every time he spends tens of thousands of taxpayer dollars to golf, a good portion of that money ends up in his pockets! Finally, he’s been clocked in as telling more lies per statement than any other candidate OR President!

If there’s anyone with demons, it’s Donald J. Trump!
Loading...