Does "gun control" work?
#BeamMeUpScotty
2018-06-11 14:26:03 UTC
http://time.com/5169210/us-gun-control-laws-history-timeline/
The nation’s first gun control law was passed in 1932, since
then
there has been a steady increase of laws which are designed to limit
the access of American citizens to guns. Supposedly this has been for
our safety.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide
_rate_by_decade
Your website doesn't even MENTION guns,
much less establish any meaningful link between
guns and death by guns.
Care to see one that does?
Violent gun deaths per 100,000 people in 2016
Singapore......... 0.03
Japan............. 0.04
South Korea....... 0.05
Oman.............. 0.06
China............. 0.06
United Kingdom.... 0.07
Iceland........... 0.07
Romania........... 0.09
Indonesia......... 0.10
Germany........... 0.12
United States..... 3.85
http://tinyurl.com/yaqj7k3z
How many mass shootings in other countries, Dave?
I agree with the NRA who say the only gun control is having a gun handy to
neutralize the other assholes with guns who you consider a threat. We'd
live in a crime free paradise if that was the way. More Guns = Less
Crime.
When everyone has a gun we're all equal, so the only thing preventing
the equal protection of the 2nd amendment are the gun laws that infringe
on our ability to own guns and block our freedom of choice.
2018-06-12 23:28:29 UTC
Post by #BeamMeUpScotty
[...]
So you're incapable of addressing the fact that countries with serious gun control show a decided reduction (compared to us) in gun-related deaths?