Mobile phone ground stations and cancer?
Mr. Man-wai Chang
2018-05-03 03:17:10 UTC
On 3/5/2018 11:10 AM, nospam wrote:
> In article <pcduh0$sef$***@toylet.eternal-september.org>, Mr. Man-wai
> Chang <***@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I have seen local new (Hong Kong) about some residents living at the top
>> floor right under the ground station antennae of mobile phone network
>> and got diagnosed cancer (not just one person)!!!
>
> that doesn't mean the cause was the transmitter.

I know! Because if this made a case, all mobile phone companies would
have big problems! Note that those residents were living close to the
ground stations in the building.

Below are the links (Chinese news, some with photos):

【晴報】1屋3患癌 疑手機發射站肇禍 300投訴 通訊局:輻射無超標
http://skypost.ulifestyle.com.hk/article/1672293/1%E5%B1%8B3%E6%82%A3%E7%99%8C%20%E7%96%91%E6%89%8B%E6%A9%9F%E7%99%BC%E5%B0%84%E7%AB%99%E8%82%87%E7%A6%8D

【經濟日報】議員收求助憂天台手機發射站輻射
http://topick.hket.com/article/1677846/%E8%AD%B0%E5%93%A1%E6%94%B6%E6%B1%82%E5%8A%A9%E6%86%82%E5%A4%A9%E5%8F%B0%E6%89%8B%E6%A9%9F%E7%99%BC%E5%B0%84%E7%AB%99%E8%BC%BB%E5%B0%84

【星島日報】頂層戶控訴電訊發射基站危害健康 促政府審視現有標準
http://std.stheadline.com/instant/articles/detail/352334-%E9%A6%99%E6%B8%AF-%E9%A0%82%E5%B1%A4%E6%88%B6%E6%8E%A7%E8%A8%B4%E9%9B%BB%E8%A8%8A%E7%99%BC%E5%B0%84%E5%9F%BA%E7%AB%99%E5%8D%B1%E5%AE%B3%E5%81%A5%E5%BA%B7+%E4%BF%83%E6%94%BF%E5%BA%9C%E5%AF%A9%E8%A6%96%E7%8F%BE%E6%9C%89%E6%A8%99%E6%BA%96

【晴報】手機發射站疑致癌 公屋法團促盡拆
https://hk.news.yahoo.com/%E6%89%8B%E6%A9%9F%E7%99%BC%E5%B0%84%E7%AB%99%E7%96%91%E8%87%B4%E7%99%8C-%E5%85%AC%E5%B1%8B%E6%B3%95%E5%9C%98%E4%BF%83%E7%9B%A1%E6%8B%86-224518142.html

/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty!
^ ^ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.39.3
不借貸! 不詐騙! 不賭錢! 不援交! 不打交! 不打劫! 不自殺! 不求神! 請考慮綜援
(CSSA):
2018-05-03 03:31:19 UTC
On Wednesday, May 2, 2018 at 11:17:15 PM UTC-4, Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:
> On 3/5/2018 11:10 AM, nospam wrote:
> > In article <pcduh0$sef$***@toylet.eternal-september.org>, Mr. Man-wai
> > Chang <***@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> I have seen local new (Hong Kong) about some residents living at the top
> >> floor right under the ground station antennae of mobile phone network
> >> and got diagnosed cancer (not just one person)!!!
> >
> > that doesn't mean the cause was the transmitter.
> >

> I know! Because if this made a case, all mobile phone companies would
> have big problems! Note that those residents were living close to the
> ground stations in the building.

I'm not going to recommend getting rid of cell phones, but I sure as HELL wouldn't live UNDER the transmitter!

It may not MEAN the transmitter was the cause, but it's certainly a red flag.
A larger than normal percentage of people on the cast and crew of "The Conqueror" (which was shot down wind of a nuclear testing site) developed various cancers! People pointed out that most of the people smoked, but even taking that into consideration, there were just too many cancers!

Not only did these people end up threatening their life to make a movie, that movie was "The Conqueror!" Couldn't even be a half way decent film!
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2018-05-03 08:38:41 UTC
In message <pcduvp$vd6$***@toylet.eternal-september.org>, Mr. Man-wai
Chang <***@gmail.com> writes:
>On 3/5/2018 11:10 AM, nospam wrote:
>> In article <pcduh0$sef$***@toylet.eternal-september.org>, Mr. Man-wai
>> Chang <***@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I have seen local new (Hong Kong) about some residents living at the
>>>top
>>> floor right under the ground station antennae of mobile phone network
>>> and got diagnosed cancer (not just one person)!!!
>> that doesn't mean the cause was the transmitter.
>>

>I know! Because if this made a case, all mobile phone companies would
>have big problems!

Not least, that significant amounts of their power was being wasted in a
downward direction, which I'm sure they do not want! (Even assuming that
it _is_ dangerous, which I'd say is "not proven".)

Correlation does not prove causation.
[]

Lucy Worsley takes tea in Jane Austen's Regency Bath. - TV "Choices" listing,
RT 2017-5-27
Mr. Man-wai Chang
2018-05-03 17:32:51 UTC
On 3/5/2018 4:38 PM, J. P. Gilliver (John) wrote:

> Not least, that significant amounts of their power was being wasted in a
> downward direction, which I'm sure they do not want! (Even assuming that
> it _is_ dangerous, which I'd say is "not proven".)
>
> Correlation does not prove causation.

Maybe the whole freaking mobile phone business is to pollute this
planet. I would NOT be surprised! Pollution can be a sure way to improve
the business of making drugs!! ;)

Mr. Man-wai Chang
2018-05-03 17:27:50 UTC
On 4/5/2018 1:17 AM, nospam wrote:

>> The world CAN survive without mobile phones among civilians. Trust me! ;)
>
> it once did, but those days are long gone.
>
> cellphones and other modern technology are an integral part of society
> with numerous benefits. there's no reason to go back to more primitive
> days.

No, we can go back without losing a dime. You should notice that all
these mobile phones are only being used for mobile entertainment.

Why do we need so many battery-powered toys? For GLOBAL pollution? Oh
well... :)
nospam
2018-05-03 17:30:01 UTC

absolutely wrong.
Mr. Man-wai Chang
2018-05-03 17:30:45 UTC
On 4/5/2018 1:30 AM, nospam wrote:

>> No, we can go back without losing a dime. You should notice that all
>> these mobile phones are only being used for mobile entertainment.
>
> absolutely wrong.

Mobile phones are just toys!

2018-05-03 19:32:16 UTC
On Thursday, May 3, 2018 at 1:30:47 PM UTC-4, Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:
> On 4/5/2018 1:30 AM, nospam wrote:
> >>
> >> No, we can go back without losing a dime. You should notice that all
> >> these mobile phones are only being used for mobile entertainment.
> >
> > absolutely wrong.
> >

> Mobile phones are just toys!

Mine is used as a toy. It is ALSO used to keep in touch with my wife and keep her up to date as to what I'm doing! It's ALSO used to keep me in touch with RIPTA to know when the next bus is coming! It's ALSO used to get directions to places I haven't been before. (Which I've ALSO been doing for people at the bus stop who don't have a phone, I've also had people beg me to use my phone because theirs is out of power or time and they need to get in touch with someone along the bus route.)

You can't take my phone! Whether I'm using it for something important or something as foolish as playing a game or listening to music is none of your business!
Larc
2018-05-03 22:32:38 UTC
On Thu, 03 May 2018 13:30:01 -0400, nospam <***@nospam.invalid> wrote:

| > > it once did, but those days are long gone.
| > >
| > > cellphones and other modern technology are an integral part of society
| > > with numerous benefits. there's no reason to go back to more primitive
| > > days.
| >
| > No, we can go back without losing a dime. You should notice that all
| > these mobile phones are only being used for mobile entertainment.
|
| absolutely wrong.

It's certainly wrong in my case. My cell phone is the only phone I have. I switched
from landline to cell about 4 years ago and have never looked back.

Larc
Eric Stevens
2018-05-03 20:25:43 UTC
On Fri, 4 May 2018 01:27:50 +0800, "Mr. Man-wai Chang"
<***@gmail.com> wrote:

>On 4/5/2018 1:17 AM, nospam wrote:
>>>
>>> The world CAN survive without mobile phones among civilians. Trust me! ;)
>>
>> it once did, but those days are long gone.
>>
>> cellphones and other modern technology are an integral part of society
>> with numerous benefits. there's no reason to go back to more primitive
>> days.
>
>No, we can go back without losing a dime. You should notice that all
>these mobile phones are only being used for mobile entertainment.

Not quite right. A very large number are being used for tasks such as
reporting electric power usage from domestic and industrial
electricity meters. For that matter the same cellphone connections are
being used to turn of power to hot water cylinders at periods of peak
demand. Other cellphones are being used for the automatic monitoring
of truck and bus fleets. And so it goes.

>Why do we need so many battery-powered toys? For GLOBAL pollution? Oh
>well... :)

Neverteless I agree with your sentiment.
--

Regards,

Eric Stevens
John Doe
2018-05-03 20:34:54 UTC
Regular troll...

d***@gmail.com
2018-05-03 21:35:33 UTC
On Thursday, May 3, 2018 at 1:27:52 PM UTC-4, Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:
> On 4/5/2018 1:17 AM, nospam wrote:
> >>
> >> The world CAN survive without mobile phones among civilians. Trust me! ;)
> >
> > it once did, but those days are long gone.
> >
> > cellphones and other modern technology are an integral part of society
> > with numerous benefits. there's no reason to go back to more primitive
> > days.
>
> No, we can go back without losing a dime. You should notice that all
> these mobile phones are only being used for mobile entertainment.
>
> Why do we need so many battery-powered toys? For GLOBAL pollution? Oh
> well... :)

I am probably in the minority of Mobile users, I just have one in case of emergencies. It is turned off most of the time.

They are a great advantage there. Also, many folks have recorded suspicious activities and helped police. There a re a lot of people who abuse them, but like any technology, it is what you do with it.

You can use a car for a crime spree or to drive to work. Another person can go to a gun range and shoot at tin cans all day and have fun, while yet another might do something very bad with a gun. With cell phones, it is the same thing. You don't have to take a test or a background check to buy a phone, though. At least not on the order of getting a Driver's license in the USA or buying a firearm (legally) in the USA.
Peter Jason
2018-05-03 21:36:21 UTC

They are the opium of the people.
Mr. Man-wai Chang
2018-05-04 12:02:21 UTC
On 4/5/2018 5:36 AM, Peter Jason wrote:

> They are the opium of the people.

There are more healthy entertainment, than fiddling with a electronic
writing board. And letting your brain to rest is also a part of
everyone's life.

d***@gmail.com
2018-05-03 21:38:54 UTC
On Thursday, May 3, 2018 at 1:27:52 PM UTC-4, Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:
> On 4/5/2018 1:17 AM, nospam wrote:
> >>
> >> The world CAN survive without mobile phones among civilians. Trust me! ;)
> >
> > it once did, but those days are long gone.
> >
> > cellphones and other modern technology are an integral part of society
> > with numerous benefits. there's no reason to go back to more primitive
> > days.
>
> No, we can go back without losing a dime. You should notice that all
> these mobile phones are only being used for mobile entertainment.
>
> Why do we need so many battery-powered toys? For GLOBAL pollution? Oh
> well... :)

I am probably in the minority of Mobile users, I just have one in case of emergencies. It is turned off most of the time.

They are a great advantage there. Also, many folks have recorded suspicious activities and helped police. There a re a lot of people who abuse them, but like any technology, it is what you do with it.

You can use a car for a crime spree or to drive to work. Another person can go to a gun range and shoot at tin cans all day and have fun, while yet another might do something very bad with a gun. With cell phones, it is the same thing. You don't have to take a test or a background check to buy a phone, though. At least not on the order of getting a Driver's license in the USA or buying a firearm (legally) in the USA.

Unfortunately, you are right about the Pollution. Especially in China, where the phones are made. The ecological devastation wrought by Chinese industry over the last 20 or so years has been absolutely horrid. That is one part of making phones that is really a problem, no matter what use they are put to.

Maybe we should encourage phone factories to set up in the USA. There are better protections for the environment here. Of course, that is one way China lures manufacturers to set up there.
Mr. Man-wai Chang
2018-05-04 12:04:27 UTC
On 4/5/2018 5:38 AM, ***@gmail.com wrote:

> Unfortunately, you are right about the Pollution. Especially in China, where the phones are made. The ecological devastation wrought by Chinese industry over the last 20 or so years has been absolutely horrid. That is one part of making phones that is really a problem, no matter what use they are put to.
>
> Maybe we should encourage phone factories to set up in the USA. There are better protections for the environment here. Of course, that is one way China lures manufacturers to set up there.

I think that's a grand plan by certain nations, to move all polluting
industries away from their land.:)

Mr. Man-wai Chang
2018-05-05 06:57:00 UTC
On 4/5/2018 1:27 AM, Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:

> No, we can go back without losing a dime. You should notice that all
> these mobile phones are only being used for mobile entertainment.

Don't be addicted to mobile gadgets. I think we really don't need that
many mobile phones which are basically toys now. We could reduce the
number without affecting economy and health.

> Why do we need so many battery-powered toys? For GLOBAL pollution? Oh
> well... :)

I am not those super duper scientists. And I don't manage nor control
those toy factories. :)

Lucifer Morningstar
2018-05-05 07:40:27 UTC

You can buy toy walkie talkies with two way video link.
Mr. Man-wai Chang
2018-05-05 10:16:49 UTC
On 5/5/2018 3:40 PM, Lucifer Morningstar wrote:

>> Don't be addicted to mobile gadgets. I think we really don't need that
>> many mobile phones which are basically toys now. We could reduce the
>> number without affecting economy and health.
>>

> You can buy toy walkie talkies with two way video link.

How about a more intelligent and smart mobile network based NOT on
ground stations but something like the Bit-Torrent protocol.... :)

2018-05-05 11:45:52 UTC
Go ahead and design one. Get the capital to produce it and put the cell phone industry out of business!
Lucifer Morningstar
2018-05-05 16:12:28 UTC

That would not work.
Stephen
2018-05-05 21:30:10 UTC
<***@gmail.com> wrote:

>On 5/5/2018 3:40 PM, Lucifer Morningstar wrote:
>>>
>>> Don't be addicted to mobile gadgets. I think we really don't need that
>>> many mobile phones which are basically toys now. We could reduce the
>>> number without affecting economy and health.
>>>

>> You can buy toy walkie talkies with two way video link.
>
>How about a more intelligent and smart mobile network based NOT on
>ground stations but something like the Bit-Torrent protocol.... :)

You can rn whatever you want over the top of the radio and backhaul
system.

But if the mobile network cannot locate your device and figure out
which cell you are in, then there isnt going to much traffic
arriving...

--
Stephen