"Starkville mayor urges aldermen to reconsider pride parade"
#BeamMeUpScotty
2018-02-24 01:19:21 UTC
http://www.djournal.com/news/starkville-mayor-urges-aldermen-to-reconsider-pride-parade/article_7c07580d-cb32-5910-81c7-65756daf2145.html
[...]
Starkville Mayor Lynn Spruill sent messages to each member of the
Starkville Board of Aldermen, asking them to reconsider their decision
to deny the Starkville Pride organization’s special event request for
the city’s first LGBT pride parade.
Spruill told the Starkville Daily News based on the anticipated
litigation, public frustration and the media frenzy the city has found
itself in, she felt it was worthwhile to ask the Board of Aldermen to
readdress the previously denied request.
“I asked the board if we could reconsider the vote because of the
damage it is doing to Starkville in the eyes of the nation,” Spruill
said.
[...]
I like Mayor Spruill, but n this she is in the wrong.
Considering that denying the request almost certainly violates the
First
Amendment
No it doesn't.
Then if the NRA was denied a parade, that would be okay with you?  Or
even if Lutherans were denied a parade, you wouldn't have a problem
with that?
Actually yes.
The use of streets for parades is a privilege, not a right.
That would mean that #BlackLivesMatters were "allowed" to burn cities
rather than having a RIGHT to protest in the cities and being there as a
constitutional right?

The Constitution says " *the RIGHT of the people* " meaning that
Government has NO RIGHT or delegated power to interfere. And apparently
the States have no RIGHT or power either as amendment 10 says that the
right/power can be delegated to the States respectively or the people
and the RIGHT to *keep and bear arms* is clearly delegated to the PEOPLE
"in" the 2nd amendment.
Gunner Asch
2018-02-26 18:36:38 UTC
On Fri, 23 Feb 2018 20:19:21 -0500, #BeamMeUpScotty
Post by #BeamMeUpScotty
[...]
ROFLMAO!!! Well done Sir...well done indeed!!

---