[SkyNews]Hurricane Hector could collide with erupting Kilauea Volcano in Hawaii
Add Reply
Mr. Man-wai Chang
2018-08-05 20:06:19 UTC
[SkyNews]Hurricane Hector could collide with erupting Kilauea Volcano in
Hawaii
Full story:
https://news.sky.com/story/hurricane-hector-could-collide-with-erupting-kilauea-volcano-in-hawaii-11460392

Hector is on a trajectory that would see it hit the southern coast of
Big Island - putting it on a collision course with Kilauea.

A powerful hurricane is on course to collide with an erupting volcano on
Hawaii's Big Island within days, forecasters have said.

Hurricane Hector was swirling harmlessly in the Pacific about 1,700
miles east of Big Island but it grew into a category three hurricane on
Friday as its maximum sustained winds reached 120mph.

The US National Hurricane Centre said storms of this strength are
considered capable of causing devastating damage to populated areas.

.... more .....
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty!
^ ^ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.39.3
不借貸! 不詐騙! 不賭錢! 不援交! 不打交! 不打劫! 不自殺! 不求神! 請考慮綜援
(CSSA):
2018-08-05 21:45:27 UTC
Somebody tell the Sy-Fy (I hate that name) channel, they’ll whip out a cheapie movie like “Sharknado,” maybe call it; “Volcaine!”
KWills Shill #3
2018-08-06 08:06:17 UTC
Somebody tell the Sy-Fy (I hate that name) channel, they’ll whip
out a cheapie movie like “Sharknado,” maybe call it; “Volcaine!”
Thing is, "Sharknado," and its sequels, made SyFy a lot of money.
So long as people are willing to watch, advertisers will be willing to
support such shows..
I’m aware of that. I saw half of the third one.
Mr. Man-wai Chang
2018-08-06 17:57:26 UTC
Somebody tell the Sy-Fy (I hate that name) channel, they’ll whip
out a cheapie movie like “Sharknado,” maybe call it; “Volcaine!”
Thing is, "Sharknado," and its sequels, made SyFy a lot of money.
So long as people are willing to watch, advertisers will be willing to
support such shows..
*****
I’m aware of that. I saw half of the third one.
Do you and you wanna predict what's going to happen in Hawaii? :)
No.
KWills Shill #3
2018-08-07 09:32:37 UTC
Somebody tell the Sy-Fy (I hate that name) channel, they’ll whip
out a cheapie movie like “Sharknado,” maybe call it; “Volcaine!”
Thing is, "Sharknado," and its sequels, made SyFy a lot of money.
So long as people are willing to watch, advertisers will be willing to
support such shows..
*****
I’m aware of that. I saw half of the third one.
So YOU'RE the one responsible for "Sharknado: The Forth Awakens."
Ye vile and evil man! :)
Mr. Man-wai Chang
2018-08-12 02:42:28 UTC
So YOU'RE the one responsible for "Sharknado: The Forth Awakens."
Ye vile and evil man! :)
Turned out that Hector went south of Hawaii... not sure what happened
and what's happening in Hawaii though....

https://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/hurricane-hector-to-stir-dangerous-surf-in-hawaii-this-week/70005694
2018-08-12 05:20:35 UTC
Hurricanes are acting wonky lately. There was one last year that was headed right for Miami, until it suddenly looped around Florida and hit the west side of the state!

Mind you, you can’t COUNT on a hurricane acting wonky.
d***@gmail.com
2018-08-14 20:04:41 UTC
Sandy had one of the weirdest tracks I ever heard of, too. It was taking the traditional "give the east coast of the U.S. a near miss" track, curving out to sea, until it basically stopped in its tracks and moved straight in to the coast on a 90 or so degree angle to the previous course.
Mr. Man-wai Chang
2018-08-15 03:29:56 UTC
Hurricanes are acting wonky lately. There was one last year that was headed right for Miami, until it suddenly looped around Florida and hit the west side of the state!
Mind you, you can’t COUNT on a hurricane acting wonky.
A new typhoon is forming near the origin of Hector. And Hector is still
going west... gonna hit Japan? We shall see...

http://severe.worldweather.org/index.html
Mr. Man-wai Chang
2018-08-16 03:48:30 UTC
Post by Mr. Man-wai Chang
      So YOU'RE the one responsible for "Sharknado: The Forth Awakens."
Ye vile and evil man! :)
Turned out that Hector went south of Hawaii... not sure what happened
and what's happening in Hawaii though....
https://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/hurricane-hector-to-stir-dangerous-surf-in-hawaii-this-week/70005694
Well, Hector has "disappeared" in the middle of the Pacific...
https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3506950
2018-08-16 11:29:17 UTC
It broke up. Must have hit a cold patch. Storms do break up from time to time.
Mr. Man-wai Chang
2018-08-16 15:41:44 UTC
It broke up. Must have hit a cold patch. Storms do break up from time to time.
As what you said, I guess the middle of Pacific as well as that of the
Atlantic might be too cold for typhoons and hurricanes....
2018-08-16 22:09:23 UTC
That’s why they’re usually cat. one or less if they make it up here. Unless there’s a warm channel giving them energy. Carol was rough, ‘39 was a bear.